Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Teaching the little ones


I have one junior's group, aged 8-12, which is the most challenging of the lot. Like many groups of kids this age, they can be fun but difficult to teach. When teaching kids of this age, you have to deal with a whole range of issues such as spoilt kids, and kids who just simply drink too much cherryade and eat too many sweets. It is the same old story in most places around the world. It is often the girls behaving and the boys throwing shit around the room. When teaching this group, one way of dealing with them is to give them plenty of things to colour in and to do as many lesons in front of the computer as possible. This seemed to calm down my two worst students, Paulius and Lukas. I have never seen them so quiet and focused.
It's still pretty cold here. Lows of -15 and highs of -10. It is beginning to take it out of me. At lest the evenings are getting lighter, I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home