Monday, April 03, 2006

Biding my time


Things at my school are pretty quiet. I have had my workload reduced quite a bit as we have lost a couple of in-company classes. As a result, I have more time on my hands and too much time to spend what I earn. I have been flying through a number of books and spent early mornings in the cinema where I can watch films for around a quid.
Monday is the day when I teach my little ones English. Or at least try. At the age of 8-12, they are pretty hyper at best and want to try and rule the classroom. Today wasn't too bad as one of the key troublemakers, Lukas has now been kicked out. As a result, my class is more manageable. However, they do tend jump up often and shout out answers when I am trying to teach.
Listening exercises are often a good way of getting them to shut up and listen. Yelling them to shut up does nothing. Kids love drawing and can't get enough of it. Once they have something like this to do they will get on with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home