Friday, April 07, 2006

Observation time

It's 6.0 am and I wake up to a lovely sunrise. I have to get ready for my 8am In-Company class, which is being observed by a top senior teacher. I am hardly ready as I am still dithering on what to do for the leson and the lesson order. Should I go through the book, or should I simply give them loads of grammar from Market Leader Business Grammar? My lesson plan is also a mess as it shows that I'm not sure on what I'm exactly doing.
The first half is a doddle - I just simply take the students through the book 'In Company Intermediate' and give them a lesson on how to interrupt during boring meetings. Students also learn how to deal with being interrupted during meetings. Useful!!! I give them useful language such as 'sorry to interrupt' and 'errm, just a minute.' I then give them some business letter to complete. My students seem happy enough.
It' 9.00 and my senior teacher is observing me playing grammar Monopoly with the students. Grammar Monopoly is like the real Monopoly, but with grammar correction questions. As I play the game, the guy writes loads of notes on everything I do. I worry what he is writing down. I nevously continue to play the game, occasionally questioning them on their mistakes to see if they have understood them. However, I am just simply too tired and rung out to give full explanations of the grammar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home