Thursday, April 20, 2006

Holiday in Lodz





















Lodz's new Lizard King Bar plus Springtime in Lodz



Yesterday I faced a gruelling 12-hour journey from Vilnius to Lodz via. Warsaw on the bus. The best part of that of that was seeing beautiful storks rest on telegraph poles and rolling hills on the Lithuanian-Polish border. The rest of it was spent trying to get some sleep and restlessly trying to read my book.
I have arrived in Lodz safely to see my old colleague, Kasia and the school I used to work in. Nothing here has changed much in the last 10 months. Manufaktura, Lodz's biggest regeneration project still remains unfinished while most of the shops are pretty much the same. However, some new places have opened up such as more expensive coffee houses and a few more restaurants. Apparently, I only have another month until Manfufaktura finally opens its gates to the public.
I have been here for 18 hours and I am already bored. There are so many times you can walk up and down the main street, Piotrkowska Street. I have spent the morning reading my book and the Guardian.

1 Comments:

At 3:45 AM, Blogger Booty said...

Sorry I couldn't make it yesterday as I was held up with other things. Will try and text you later.
Booty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home