Friday, April 28, 2006

The last day

I had my last ever class yesterday - my FCE class. As it was my last class, I just turned the last half into a conersation class. Unlike my cherryade swilling kids, my FCE students were shocked, sorry and surprised to see me go. I am also afraid that I'll miss them, but it has to be done.
Today was a special conference day where people from other schools in Romania and Spain came to see what we do. An organisation called Socrates organised the event in order to create cultural awareness within Europe. We had discussions on what is culture and what our experiences of teaching abroad mean to us. It could've been better and more interesting, but it was really short and we didn't get a proper chance to talk to the other teachers and students.
I am out celebrating tonight. My leaving do is going to consist of three consecutive nights out at different places. The Lithuanians are determined to see that I get a proper sending off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home